HEAD OF STUDIO
An exciting opportunity exists to join leading Brand Experience agency, Rizer.
At Rizer, our unique team of blended talent covers the full project spectrum -– we ideate, design, produce, build and deliver, bringing our clients’ stories to life through spectacular creative, performance and technical innovation.
We are looking for a Head of Studio who will champion world-class creative delivery and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
The primary responsibility of the role is to collaborate with both the creative and delivery teams to guide and manage projects from starting point of initiating creative proposals and project plans, through to project completion.
Head of Studio is a central figure in the business and the gatekeeper for quality control; they know how to keep a creative studio humming and harmonious, creating the space for teams to deliver impactful work.
- Traffic management and creative resource allocation for projects, based on skillset.
- Juggling priorities with multiple teams to manage project workload.
- Updating project pipeline, ensuring timeframes are realistic and deadlines can be met.
- Assess briefs with extended Rizer team and workshop creative and production solutions to determine approach.
- Cultivate and engage best fit professionals from network of creative contractors to enable scaling in busy periods.
- Research industry contacts to extend freelance creative network.
- Be the gatekeeper for quality control.
- Direct the design of proposals and pitch decks incorporating Rizer brand guidelines.
- Ensure timelines for creative and production deliverables are met (pitch responses, client presentations, deck updates, plans etc)
- Mediate varying opinions and tricky conversations between project teams to ensure project updates, budget and roll out stays true to brief, on time, to client expectations and Rizer creative standards.
- Maintain order across the studio and keeping management, creatives, producers and production managers appraised of creative resource pressure points and offering solutions in advance of problems arising.
- Maintain and improve studio processes (quality control and reporting metrics to ensure each deliverable adheres to client brief).
- Some data entry and administrative tasks.
- Maintaining timesheets to keep track of budget.
- Contribute to strategy and management of the studio.
- Contribute to change process and driving initiatives.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role, in a similar field.
- A strong understanding of production processes and the elements required such as Design, Art Direction, Broadcast, Motion Graphics, 3D Animation.
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat/Illustrator, Photoshop, Keynote & Vectorworks (Not Essential)
- Analytical and reporting skills.
- Experience with scheduling, reporting and budgeting tools.
- Proven time management skills and excellent planning ability.
Desirable values, behaviours, and skills:
- Friendly, people person, great at building relationships and engaging people at different levels across the company, including business development, producers and technical / production experts.
- Knows how to listen to varying opinions, read a room well and be confident to have conversations about necessary trade-offs and compromises.
- A natural problem solver who can flex between big picture, strategic thinking and detail-driven, hands-on work to ensure smooth transition of new work into studio and onto clients.
- Works collaboratively with the team.
- Meticulous attention to detail, even when under pressure.
- Extremely organised.
- Planning foresight, ability to prioritise workload and issues.
- Financially literate to understand budgets and time/resource allocation.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Have knowledge of traffic, creative, and production process, plus workflow management systems.
If this role sounds like you and you’d like to join our talented team, please email your CV with a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, only successful applicants will be contacted.
To learn more about us and our award winning work, visit our website at rizer.global